Pork is a great meat choice as really low in fat. This recipe does use some fruit and honey, therefore adding some sugar to your diet, but the quantity per serving is quite small. One pork steak weighed nearly 150g cooked.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 pork loin steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pomegranate
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 dessert spoon honey
- 2 teaspoons mustard (English or Dijon)
- sprinkle of hot chilli powder to taste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Squeeze the 1/2 pomegranate to extract as much juice as possible and use all the seeds
- Mix this with the juice from the orange, honey, mustard, crushed garlic and hot chilli powder
- Mix well and coat pork cutlets
- Leave to marinate for up to an hour.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over quite a high heat
- Shake off excess marinade and pan fry pork steaks for 4-5 minutes each side until nicely browned
- Add marinade to pan and turn down heat, cooking for a further 7-8 minutes, or until sauce has reduced so there is one spoonful per steak.
Served here with sweet potato mash, baby carrots and purple sprouting broccoli.