This one isn't actually very quick due to cooking time, but I suggest you make this in large quantities at weekend and it will be there all week for when late home from work or after a workout. Quantities below are about 3-4 servings depending on your protein need.
- 500 grams braising/stewing steak - cut into 1" squares, excess fat trimmed
- 2 medium or 1 large onion cut into large chunks
- 2 medium hot chillis (or to taste), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 11/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dessert spoonful plain flour
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin red kidney beans (drained)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Heat oven to 150 degrees Centigrade.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in heavy pan (one that can go in oven) over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion just soft.
- Remove from pan and put to one side.
- Add rest of oil to pan and increase heat.
- When really hot add beef and cook for a few minutes until browned on all sides. Turn frequently.
- Sprinkle flour on top of beef and mix.
- Return onion, garlic and chilli to pan, stir and then add tomatoes and beans.
- Place pan in oven and cook for about 1 1/2 hours. (If you have increased quantities increase time in oven slightly).
- About 15 mins before end of cooking time add lime juice and chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice or baked potato depending on your carb intake for day.