The wok is an absolute must for putting together quick high protein meals - there are loads of variations and its a one pot meal apart from the rice. Don't be put off by the number of ingredients, It's very easy and quick to prepare and cooks in a few minutes.
Ingredients (1 serving):
-150g Sirloin/rump steak
- Serving of broccoli
- 1 dessert spoonful of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry/medium sherry
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or pressed
- 100 ml of beef stock (made with ¼ of a Knorr cube works)
- Slice beef into thin strips and place in bowl with soy sauce and ground ginger to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Prepare cooking sauce by mixing cornflour, rice wine or sherry, cayenne pepper.
- Heat wok and then add olive oil.
- When really hot (just as it starts to smoke) add the beef strips and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and save to one side.
- Place broccoli florets into wok, turn heat down to medium and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. (add another teaspoon of oil if needed)
- Add water and cover for 2 mins.
- Return the beef to the wok along with cooking sauce and cook until sauce thickens and boils.
- Serve with rice.