You can use turkey breasts sliced across to form thinner steaks, or go one step further and create escalopes by putting individual turkey steaks into a plastic freezer/storage bag and pounding with a rolling pin until about half the thickness.
Ingredients (2 - 3 servings)
- About 300-350g of turkey breast made into steaks or escalopes as above
- 1 red onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed or chopped)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Fry onions and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
- Add a little more oil if needed, heat pan and place turkey in pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes each side if escalopes. or 4-5 minutes each side if steaks.
- Remove from pan and return onions and garlic to pan.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Mix well.
- Return turkey to pan, cover, and turn heat down to low.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes.Serve on a bed of wholegrain rice with green veggie.
You could also use zest and juice of half an orange if preferred.