Make sure you heat the oven in advance to 200C, so that by the time you have prepped the dish, the oven is hot. This recipe contains some fruit - about one portion of fruit per meal portion - so make allowances for this in your daily plan. Also, ideally you will prepare the marinade/cooking sauce in advance to marinate the turkey for an hour beforehand. If you don't have time don't worry, but it allows the flavours to permeate through the meat for extra flavour.
Ingredients (approx 2 servings):
- 400g turkey breast
- 1/2 orange
- 4 garlic cloves
- juice of half a lime
- handful of coriander chopped
- one dessert spoonful olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salsa;
1/2 large mango or 1 small
1/2 red onion
1 chilli (to taste)
handful of coriander
If you can, get a whole turkey breast, although turkey breast pieces will work too.
- Slice the breast across so the top folds back like a book. Otherwise just use the slices as they come.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, chopped coriander along with the pulp and juice of the orange and lime.
- If you have time, cover the turkey breast with the marinade and leave in fridge for an hour (or overnight if preferred)
- When oven is hot put turkey with marinade into a foil-lined oven dish and cook at 200 degrees C for about 25 minutes.
- While cooking, make the salsa by either whizzing all the ingredients in a food mixer for a few seconds, or chop them all finely and mix.
Serve with wholegrain rice and green Vegetables